Orange High School Built in 1953 (63 years old) The oldest of all OUSD high schools
Orange High School originally opened to 81 students in 1903, and found its current home in 1953. The school’s present campus, occupying 35 acres, still relies solely on 1950's era buildings and now serves a student population of 2,023. Although having deep roots in the history of Orange and exhibiting tremendous campus pride, aging facilities have caused many families to look for schools elsewhere as the site is in great need of campus-wide renovation.
Five buildings and 28 portables have been identified as needing major renovation or demolition.
Projections report that without facilities enhancements, the remaining 2 buildings will need major renovation or demolition within 10 years.
Orange High School Assessment Download the PDF version from the web here.